Airswift are currently recruiting for a Principal Power Systems Engineer, which is based out of our client’s Melbourne office. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Power Systems Engineer to develop a progressive career with a leading engineering consultancy business with a dominant presence in the renewable energy sector. Due to the number of projects our client is currently overseeing, they are now seeking to hire a Principal Power System Engineers in their Melbourne office.
You will have a strong understanding of power system analysis and grid connection studies. Furthermore, you will be well versed with PSS/E and PSCAD and be able to work in a technical capacity as well as provide regular support to junior engineers.
- Developing and mentoring younger team members
- Prepare, review and sign off detailed technical reports
- Take charge of consulting proposals
- Ensure regular client interaction to ensure their expectations are met.
- Manage key internal and external meetings
- Conduct and manage technical / power system studies
- Maintain and improve the technical ability of the firm’s team members
- Highly experienced with PSS/E and PSCAD
- 10-15 + years’ experience working as a Power Systems Engineer
- Ability to work independently and provide regular feedback to junior engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and able to build rapport easily. Furthermore, they will possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills. A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team and as an individual are a must.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.