Senior Executive Band 2, Several - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Defence (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Executive Band 2, Several
The Department of Defence is seeking dynamic senior executives, to drive the organisation forward and deliver on Defence’s mission – to defend Australia and its national interests.
We are seeking to fill a number of positions at the SES Band 2 level that could include the following types of roles:
- strategic policy and intelligence
- corporate functions such as finance, people and estate management
- program management
- capability acquisition and sustainment
- procurement and contracting
- governance, audit and fraud management and prevention
- large and complex project management
As a Division Head (SES Band 2) you will join the Senior Leadership Group that plays a key role in promoting and influencing a shared civilian/military commitment in the strategic direction of Defence. In these roles you will:
- lead and manage a Division practicing inclusive leadership and collaboration;
- demonstrate high judgement and capitalise on innovative alternatives to resolve complex problems;
- effectively challenge the status quo when required; and
- demonstrate resilience and personal accountability for the quality of advice and delivery of results.
To be successful in joining the Senior Leadership Group you will exemplify the One Defence Leadership behaviours and engender a culture of achievement, collaboration and agility. You will be self-aware, positive in considering and respecting a diversity of ideas and perspectives of others.
As part of this selection process, a merit pool will be established and may be used to fill similar positions over the next 12 months.
To be eligible for the role, you must be:
- an Australian citizen or intending to become one, and
- assessed as suitable to hold and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance, or higher if required for the role.
If after reading the selection documentation you have any questions, please contact Ms Lisa Phelps, First Assistant Secretary People Services at Lisa.Phelps@defence.gov.au or on (02) 6265 7790 to make a telephone appointment.
Applicant information packs, including selection criteria and application instructions, can be obtained by visiting https://defencecareers.nga.net.au/cp/?audiencetypecode=defenceext. Applications close at 11:30pm (AEST) Monday, 29 July 2019.
For Senior Executive Service administrative recruitment enquiries please contact the Directorate of Senior Officer Management on 02 6265 1742 or DSOM@defence.gov.au.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jul 2019
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 2