The primary purpose of the role is to provide HSEQ governance and assurance activities in line with the annual divisional corporate HSEQ strategy. The ideal candidate will be highly accomplished in HSE aspects associated with project based work across the resources and logistics sectors. The candidate must be able to work autonomously to ensure the HSEQ strategy and its goals are achieved.
Opportunity is available to be based in West Perth, with the requirement to travel to various sites within Western Australia.
The successful applicant will:
- Promote Qube’s HSE Standards and ensure all staff adopt standard safe work practices and procedures in accordance with Qube’s policies
- Provide technical advice on the HSE management
- Understand the ICAM methodology and have the ability to lead ICAM investigations
- Prepare reports and analyse HSE data to assess trends and improvements
- Manage the workers’ compensation and injury management process
- Understand health and hygiene management
- Work with the broader HSE team to implement the corporate HSEQ Strategy.
- Conduct audits and inspections across multiple sites
- Confidently liaise with external parties, clients and internal management at all levels
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve HSE performance, recording and reporting systems and processes.
- Promote and assist with HSE campaigns and initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal Health and Safety qualifications
- 5+ years of Health, Safety and Environment experience
- ISO 45001/14001 experience
- HSE Management Systems Auditor competency
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Surface ventilation officer qualifications (desirable / willing to achieve)
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel to remote sites across Australia
- A strong commitment to safety and zero harm
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Ability to mentor site HSEQ advisors and provide technical advice on HSE issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A working understanding of safety within heavy industry.
At Qube we value diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. We empower our people to deliver exceptional results for our customers every day and pride ourselves in offering a safe and inclusive workplace.
If you would like to join our team, click the "Apply" button and complete our online application form.