- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs Business and Infrastructure Services!
Working closely with facilities staff from CSIROs’ Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS), the role of Stores and Logistics Officer encompasses a range of support activities including receipt and dispatch services, inventory control, simple procurement, internal logistics, dangerous goods handling/dispatch and other agreed services to meet CSIRO operational requirements. This service provision may be to one or more sites.
Your duties will include
- Providing a high quality stores and logistics service to all CSIRO staff and customers and business partners
- Ensuring the efficient, timely and accurate receipt and dispatch of all material goods through the store, to and from the site(s) including the coordination of bulky goods direct to the customer or remote destination
- Ensuring freight items are recorded/received/held/dispatched via systems as necessary. Making sure specialist packaging instructions, are understood, considered and implemented in consultation with the customers
- Managing the inventory control in the store and liaising with customers for future needs and change requirements with stock held; facilitating the efficient procurement of specified goods and services including gases and ensuring that this is achieved in accordance with CSIRO Policies
- Coordinating the internal dispatching and picking-up of goods in-line with agreed terms and available resourcing across the site(s)
- Providing administrative support and being the point of contact in respect to the vehicle fleet, ensuring that the inspection, cleaning, repairs and servicing are undertaken by responsible parties as required.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$62K - AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Previous experience in the planning and operation of stores and logistics services including inwards and outgoing goods, inventory control and stocktake
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the operation of logistics software packages
- Sound knowledge of purchasing policy and procedures, procurement systems and methods of obtaining quotations and certifying payments
- Demonstrated data entry skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with the customers and keep them informed on the delivery of logistic services
- A proven ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise activities and work independently to achieve service outcomes
- Possession of a current license/authority for the operation of pallets and forklifts
- Possession of a current unencumbered motor vehicle driver’s license.
- A valid National Police Check or the willingness and ability to gain one.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
22:59 AEDT 25 February 2019