- Do you have livestock handling and property maintenance skills?
- Can you safely operate agriculture plant and machinery items?
- Join CSIRO's farm operations team at the Chiswick Research Station in Armidale!
Join the Armidale Farm Operations team as a Farm Hand in this varied support role. Based at Chiswick Research Station, you will be involved with providing a wide range of services and support to all research projects at Armidale. You will require hands-on sheep and cattle husbandry experience, farm maintenance skills, basic computer skills, a strong commitment to teamwork and safe work practices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with:
- The collection of pedigree information and capturing performance record details for a registered Angus cattle herd.
- The maintenance of experimental sheep selection flocks and associated data recording tasks and activities.
- Compliance to a number of quality assurance programs, animal ethics and quarantine protocols.
- Livestock identification procedures including electronic tagging and tracking.
- Providing a high level of care to ensure livestock are maintained in a healthy state.
- Mustering animals to perform both industry standard husbandry procedures and planned research activities.
Location: Armidale, NSW
Salary: AU $45K to AU $59K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation of agricultural plant and machinery items.
- Experience in livestock handling, mixed farming activities and property maintenance tasks.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally based operations team and carry out tasks under general direction from the Farm Manager.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to actively work towards improved Occupational Health and Safety outcomes and safe working practices.
- A manual driver's licence
In addition, experience selecting and applying agricultural chemicals, and the possession of licences/qualifications to operate various machinery and plant items, e.g. tractor, UTV, etc, will be viewed favourably.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 23rd July, 2018