- Improve effectiveness & definition of hydraulic fracturing
- Manage technical research projects
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO Energy is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist/Engineer in our Hydraulic Fracturing group.
The successful candidate will undertake a range of investigative approaches including laboratory and field experimentation, numerical modelling, and analytical methods in order to improve the effectiveness and define the environmental impact of hydraulic fracturing with an emphasis on applications in coal seam and shale gas stimulation, enhanced geothermal systems, and novel mining methods.
You will enhance your technical, leadership and management skills though active involvement in development and deployment of novel research and technology solutions in support of Australian industries, communities and the environment.
More specifically you will:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Apply laboratory and field experimentation, to produce rigorous and useful research and technology development outcomes.
- Collaboration with both external and internal partners to deploy CSIRO technology and secure ongoing research funding.
Location: Clayton VIC
Salary: $95k to $103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 52245
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as hydraulic fracturing or geomechanics
- Research experience in hydraulic fracturing, with expertise in at least one of analytical, numerical, fieldwork and/or experimental investigations as evidenced by academic publications
- Proven academic or industrial hydraulic fracturing research track record as evidenced by a combination of:
- a project history of undertaking applied research in an industry or academic setting
- awareness of environmental, social and industrial issues around unconventional gas development
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Sunday 03 December 2017