Chandler Macleod is the leading provider of temporary staff to the NSW Government and has partnered with NSW Government Departments and Agencies for more than 25 years.
At Chandler Macleod our mission is to recruit using the BestFit™ methodology which is tailored to providing the most suitable candidate for every position at every level for every NSW Government Department.
One of our clients based in Appin are looking for a Water Plant Processing Supervisor to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
ROSTER - MONDAY TO FRIDAY
Based at Appin, we are currently seeking a Water Plant Processing Supervisor to Coordinate the linkages with upstream and downstream operations and the Gas & Water plants
- Lead, influence and make decisions that improve operational performance.
- Define business strategies and organisational policies to enable the strategic coordination of multiple major projects and initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of projects
- Deliver the Care Strategy through supporting a culture of care and accountability as an enabler to continuously learn and improve.
- Ensure all work is well designed and reliably delivers safe outcomes.
- Manage and control operational data collection, review and reporting.
- Select, develop, coach and mentor employees - build experience and capability by creating meaningful development opportunities
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance the Health and Safety Management System and statutory requirements
- Ensure safety procedures are available and followed and hazards are appropriately identified and assessed
- Managing contractor performance.
- Coordinate and comply with the rescheduling process of activities.
- Complete field engagement of operations & maintenance activities in line with Illawarra Coal policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety, environmental and quality standards, procedures and statutory requirements in all aspects of the role
- Conducting Contractor management during Major Events to ensure all ATW/Permits are complete and correct
- Start of shift briefing - Focus team members on the performance targets for the shift and the requirement to complete task risk analysis
- Complete and participate in incident investigations that fall within the area of responsibility
- Daily reviews of area performance and process in preparation for the Daily Review meeting providing feedback to Plant Process Eng.
- Review work execution performance with operators, identify gaps and take corrective action as necessary to improve performance.
- Drives initiatives to improve work practices and procedures.
- Clearly communicates targets, work plans and expectations.
The ideal candidate will be interested in working for an organisation that embraces the diversity each person brings to the workplace. Our values of Care, Trust, Togetherness and Excellence will guide your decision making and interactions, while supporting you in generating courageous solutions.
In addition, you will have:
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Minimum requirement)
- Processing Qualification (e.g. Relevant Engineering Degree or Certificate) (Desired)
- Frontline Supervision qualification (Desired)
- Experience working in an Underground Coal Mine desired
- Previous experience working in a similar role
We would welcome applications from those who can demonstrate;
- A good work ethic, with motivation to work in challenging situations;
- A drive to exceed expectations and to constantly push for results;
If you meet ALL the criteria, apply now for this permanent opportunity.