In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
What’s in it for you?
Have the best of both worlds - autonomy from a manager based in Sydney but a supportive broader team on site in Brisbane
- Brisbane Distribution Centre is HUGE - this is great for your CV
- Career Progression possibilities (this is why there is a vacancy)
- Larapinta location - onsite cafe and a great team culture
Every decision we make is designed with our customers, teams and safety at the heart. Our Supply Chain processes are always changing to adjust to the ever evolving needs of our customers and the need for ultimate convenience, even more so in the current societal climate. There has never been a better time to join Woolworths as we grow and transform in our offering to customers.
The utilisation of technology and the speed in which we operate are truly transforming the Supply Chain landscape in Australia & New Zealand and in this role, you’ll be at the forefront of initiating this change. The thinking is fresh and the way we do things is new and industry leading. In this role, you will adopt an innovative design lens supporting projects in Australia and New Zealand across all of our brands.
Your job is to support management with safety leadership and technical support to continuous improve our safety culture and reduction of workplace injuries
Key responsibilities will be:
- Implementing policies and processes to minimise risks and to achieve compliance
- Maintain and improve Safety & Health programs, systems and tools
- Coach and mentor all stakeholders whilst partnering to give the best outcome for all
- Monitor and identify actions resulting from the incident management processes
- Reporting of hazards and suggesting improvement initiatives
- To lead and support Operational Managers with positive strategies based on analysis
- To manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the Supply Chain SWE governance program by conducting the first line of defence audits and supporting close out of any non-conformances
- Comply with safety policies, procedures and role responsibilities as defined in the Supply Chain Safety Management System Procedure
- Delivery of timely, accurate, and quality assured safety performance data to business
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Have worked in a similar environment (warehouse, DC, manufacturing, facilities etc )
- Come with the ability to build strong relationships - with regulators and internals
- Strong legislative knowledge including chain of responsibility
- General administration experience and skills
- Ability to manage self & others to complete recurring work & special projects.
- Proven experience influencing others
- Experience working within a hands on safety role
- Formal qualifications in a related WHS/OH&S area
If you consider yourself a team player, a senior safety specialist with great people skills then we would love to chat with you.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.