Remuneration: $1035.31 per week plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position will play a pivotal role in assisting Council's Lands Protection Branch to achieve and maintain sustainable land use through weed control and maintenance spraying of roadside infrastructure across the region including State and Local Government road networks, Council controlled reserves and waterways, and on private property.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking an experienced and skilled spray operator, with a current ACDC licence, to join our Lands Protection team. A person with demonstrated experience and knowledge of integrated best practice vegetation control methods including herbicide application, manual control methods and biological control methods, along with experience and knowledge of enviornmental factors influencing herbicide selection will do well in this role.
To be considered, applicants must have:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of integrated best practice vegetation control methods including herbicide application and manual control methods.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of factors influencing herbicide selection.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the storage, calibration and data collection requirements of chemicals, in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state ‘general biosecurity obligations’ (GBO).
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a range of environments and conditions, including remotely, in thick vegetation areas, and/or from a boat.
Candidates with knowledge of invasive species specific to the Gympie region, and their control methods, will be highly regarded. Similarly, candidates with 4WD driving and recovery training certification, basic vehicle and machinery maintenance knowledge will also be highly regarded.
Candidates who possess a QLD LR Drivers Licence (or the ability to obtain) would be considered favourably.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Lands Protection, Ben Curley on 07-5481 0819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Human Resource Advisors, Rowena Chapman on 07-5481 0687 or email email@example.com, or Pip Moir on 07-5481 0906 or email firstname.lastname@example.org