Remuneration: This position will offer an attractive salary package negotiated with the successful candidate depending upon qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: Sunday 18 March 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
Role overview and what we are looking for
This position requires the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in delivering the Water Business Unit's capital works program and business projects.
As Program Manager - Water Business Unit, responsible to the Senior Manager - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Projects Branch through:
- Project delivery for water supply and sewerage infrastructure.
- Development of engineering designs, specifications, tender documentation, procurement and contract management, and management of contractors.
- Development of strategic project management frameworks with capital investment governance and approvals processes.
- Effective project delivery using a program approach.
- Ensuring all 'as-constructed' date, including operation and maintenance manuals and requirements is captured in corporate GIS and AMIS systems.
- Capital works budget management.
Mandatory for the role will be:
- Bachelor Degree qualification in Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level, or senior management experience in a similar role and the ability to demonstrate true leadership and motivation skill with sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Sound knowledge of project management principles, legislation and relevant legislation and Australian Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and achievement in developing and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful development and delivery of capital works projects within the water industry.
Desirable for the role will be:
- Registration as a Professional Engineer QLD or Chartered Engineer
- Post Graduate Management qualifications
- Certification by the Australian Institute of Project Management as a Project Director
- Experience in asset management and associated software
- Knowledge of the role of Local Government and the Water Industry.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact Mike Griffiths, Acting Executive Manager - Water Business Unit on Ph: 54810493 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com