WHS Coordinator | Commercial Fit-out / Refurbishment Projects Sydney Metro
Reporting to the Safety Manager and working along-side the Site Managers / Projects Manager you will take up a ‘hands-on’ Safety Advisor position and will be responsible for the following;
- An leading national commercial refurbishment / fitout contractor has immediate requirements for a OHS / Safety officer on multiple large refurbishments / fitout project across Sydney metro.
- Mixture of being site based & office across various sites in Sydney on projects ranging in value form $1m to $10M+, you will have full responsibility for Site Safety for all personnel on-site.
- This would suit a safety professional with mid / tier and tier 2 project exposure. The position is permanent.
To be suitable for the position, candidate will possess the following;
- Organising pre-site safety meeting
- Checking and monitoring Safe Work Method Statement
- Ensuring site safety procedures and policies are being adhered to correctly
- Some management of sub-contractors
- Conducting site inductions
- Organising and conducting tool box talks
- Performing weekly safety report for the site
- Risk assessments
- Maintaining safety files
- Conducting formal incident investigations
- Monitoring subcontractors, suppliers, consultants activities
If you are interested in this role and fulfill the criteria outlined in the job position, please send your CV to Steve@nowcareers.com.au or call 02 9955 4418 and ask for Steve Gto discuss in greater detail.
- Should have a Cert IV in OHS
- Occupational First Aid
- Will have ideally come from a site background as there is a requirement to manage sub-contractor and trades
- At the very least been an OHS / Safety Advisor on commercial construction projects