- $63K + Super
- Two Positions Available
- Full Time / Fortnightly RDO
- Ref No: 17834
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for a General Operator to be part of their Street Cleansing Unit. Located in Hadfield, the City Operations Centre is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work in accordance with developed rosters and work practices in which starting times may vary from 3:30am to 7.30 am and includes:
- General cleaning throughout the municipality including but not limited to Streets, Car parks, Right of Ways, Parks and reserves.
- Removal of dumped rubbish, litter, dead animals, sharps (syringes).Sweeping of shopping/activity Centres, residential streets, bus shelters, and footpaths by both mechanical and manual means.
- Litter bin collection.
- Pits and drains cleaning, including combo truck.
- Participate in regular overtime to service the needs of the Saturday morning and Sunday morning programs.
- A truck licence (MR) is desirable.
You will also be required to operate a range of plant and equipment where necessary to carry out required cleaning and report any defects of Council assets as well as identify any danger to the general public such as fallen branches, pot holes, unsafe fences and broken pit lids whilst undertaking duties.
To be successful in this position you must be someone who enjoys contact with the community and working within a dynamic team to ensure Councils Street Cleansing services are delivered to a top standard.
For further information on this position please contact Jerome Ierome on 8311 4360.
Applications close: 5pm, 28 April 2019.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.