With approximately 6,800 staff, more than $6 billion in fixed and other assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. We aim to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
Our South East Queensland (SEQ) team currently has an exciting opportunity for two Signal Electricians to join the Signal Asset Renewals (SAR) team in Brisbane. As a Signal Electrician with SAR you will be responsible for carrying out the installation, renewal and commissioning of varied types of signalling equipment, interlockings and housings within Network SEQ and across Regional QLD.
Whilst the position is based in Brisbane and is typically homed at our Eagle Farm depot, candidates must be willing to work away from home and travel throughout the State as required to a variety of regional locations.
The responsibilities of the Signal Electrician include:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs
- Repair and adjust electrical / mechanical signalling equipment as required
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program, and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must have the following:
- QLD Electrical Fitter and Mechanic Licence
- Low Voltage Rescue and CPR certificates
- C Class Drivers Licence – QLD
- Rail signalling experience (desirable)
- Willing to travel, work weekends and be on call
Signal Electrician PN73088 - Position Description.pdf
This opportunity is permanent full-time and works across a 9-day fortnight. The salary is approximately $65,138 + superannuation + overtime and penalty rates.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks.
Apply to position number 73088 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am on Monday 15th June 2020. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website. Please note a formal response to the key selection criteria is not required.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Tanya Anderson on 07 3072 0806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups