Environmental Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Brisbane Airport Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
A rare opportunity has become available as Environmental Advisor with Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) to deliver expert environmental advice to our diverse business!
As Environmental Advisor, you will be responsible for leading the review and endorsement of risk-based environmental management practises to support the delivery of many interesting projects happening across our airport city during a high growth period for the organisation. In doing so, you will be required to implement the Brisbane Airport Master Plan and associated Airport Environment Strategy (AES).
Additionally, you will be responsible for proactively engaging with BAC employees, contractors, and tenants to help deliver our mission of valuing our natural environment and biodiversity, a responsibility we are proud to carry to ensure it is protected for future generations.
Having the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships whilst proactively coordinating the environmental audit, inspection and reporting program for BAC is key to this position.
Reporting to the Environmental Manager and part of our friendly and supportive team, this is a full-time permanent position based at our Sky Gate Head Office with the opportunity to work at our other offices across the precinct.
Who we are
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) is a proud, Queensland-based company that manages Brisbane Airport (BNE), an award-winning hub and a key gateway to Australia and the world.
On airport land, spanning 2700 hectares, we are also home to over 24,000 employees and 425 businesses. We are investing $5.6 billion in BNE over the next decade, building an Airport City that connects people, creates community and supports our economy for generations to come.
Our culture is built on our values of care, communication, collaboration and courage. We understand that fostering a positive and inclusive work environment is key to our success. Everyone at BAC brings rich and diverse perspectives to our workplace, strengthening our collective knowledge and ensuring that BNE will continue to connect us as the gateway to Queensland.
This opportunity will expose you to the diversity and excitement of the Airport environment, and provide you with the opportunity to use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help support BAC's Environmental team.
What we offer
- Hybrid working environment – with flexible work arrangements.
- Great culture – we are proud recipients of multiple Employer of Choice awards for 2023
- Competitive salary, eligibility for annual bonus, 12% superannuation and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Free parking at Skygate, Domestic and International terminals anywhere, anytime for as long as you need!
- Paid parental leave
- Extra leave day at Christmas - on us!
- Personal and professional development opportunities including mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee wellbeing initiatives; group strategy days, team events, professional talks
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include but not limited to
- Complete reviews of CEMP’s and supporting documentation against BAC’s guidelines.
- Carry out site inspections and audits of CEMP implementation and tenant obligations under the Airport Environment Strategy.
- Provide advice and review of documentation to assist in obtaining environmental approvals for BAC activities and projects.
- Partner with BAC works managers to review, advise and endorse risk-based environmental management measures to be included in development projects.
- Provide advice and assist with the implementation of environmental monitoring programs including data review, analysis and reporting (internal and external).
- Provide advice and assist with the review of environmental investigation reports and management plans.
- Respond and provide advice on incidents with environmental consequences and coordinate timely investigations into environmental incidents.
- Support the implementation and continual improvement of BAC’s Environmental Management System.
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. science, engineering, planning)
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant environmental legislation
- Experience in environmental approvals in a contaminated land environment
- Current Class “C” driver’s license
- Possess or able to acquire an ASIC and if required undergo a security check
- Environmental auditor certification
If you have the expertise and passion to succeed in this?role, we’d love to hear from you!
- Please apply now with your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability.
- As a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
At BAC we value your privacy. To understand how we manage your personal information visit www.bne.com.au/careers and download our Privacy Collection Statement – Applications for Employment.
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environment & Water