We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We are looking for Maintenance Engineers, to provide technical input into the execution, review and improvement of asset maintenance and asset management activities, systems and strategies, by supporting the WaterNSW objective of achieving and sustaining safe, effective and efficient asset management outcomes.
- Contribute to overall asset lifecycle management process plan by ensuring assets are managed in accordance with WaterNSW objectives and practises.
- Drive continuous improvement programs to ensure WaterNSW is a best practice leader in the management of dams.
- Develop and improve maintenance techniques, ensuring maintenance work outcomes and systems are high quality, effective and efficient.
- Offer elevated advice and engineering solutions to problematic maintenance issues and minor works upgrade projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Civil), a related discipline or equivalent post trade experience.
- Experience in the development and delivery of asset management programs and strategies
- A proven track record working in a team focused environment with the ability to negotiate strong engineering outcomes with diverse stakeholder groups.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills, specifically in relation to engineering solutions to maintenance issues and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Highly effective report writing and communication skills.
- Proven competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Must be willing to travel within NSW
- 2 positions - Permanent, Full time role
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- 9-day fortnight
- Diverse and supportive team environment
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description and queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 7th of December 2021.