Microgrid Electrical Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Microgrid Electrical Engineer
- Permanent full-time role, based in Melbourne or Sydney with hybrid work from home options.
- Put your stamp on the energy transition in a role that will have real impact for large C&I customers.
- Opportunity to use your technical expertise and deliver sustainable and efficient energy solutions.
Want a better job?
You’ll find it at Alinta Energy.
We’re making energy better for our more than 1.1 million customers – and we’re making work life better for our 1,000+ people too.
We believe in better
At Alinta Energy, we’re a friendly bunch working to be the best energy company. Our culture is collaborative, and our passion drives positive change for people and the planet.
Over the past decade, we’ve evolved from a Western Australian residential gas retailer to one of Australia’s largest energy retailers, generators, investors, and developers with infrastructure across Australia and New Zealand.
Australia’s energy system is undergoing the biggest transformation in its history and we’re right there with it.
Help us make energy better
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Microgrid Electrical Engineer to join our New Markets team reporting to the Head of Design & Delivery. As an Engineer within the microgrid team, you will assist in the developing and implementing innovative, customer driven, renewable energy solutions. Working closely with cross functional teams to design, engineer and execute solar PV and battery storage projects that are tailored to meet the specific needs of our commercial and industrial clients.
In this role, you’ll be:
- Conduct site visits and inspections to ensure installations comply with design specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with clients, regulatory bodies, DNSPs and third-party vendors to facilitate project approvals, permitting, and grid interconnection processes.
- Carry out detailed design, sizing and calculations and verify and check the design done by others.
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation, reports, and drawings for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop solar PV and battery energy storage designs, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and safety.
- Design electrical schematics, single-line diagrams and layout plans for system installations.
Ideally, you’ll bring to the role:
- Relevant experience working in a commercial, industrial or mining related business.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field, master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in the design, engineering, and deployment of solar PV and battery energy storage systems, particularly in commercial, industrial and mining settings
- Strong proficiency in relevant software tools, such as PVsyst, Gridcog, Orkestra, Helioscope, HOMER and AutoCAD
- In depth knowledge of Australian energy regulations, codes, and standards
- Professional engineering status such as MIEAust (or equivalent) and RPEQ or eligible for registration as RPEQ.
You will be joining a high performing, collaborative, and experienced team. You will play a key role in the success of Alinta Energy’s business, with long term development and progression opportunities.
Enjoy better benefits - check our website for the full list!
One of the best things about Alinta Energy is we discover better together. If you like the sound of that, and you’re a match for the role, we’d love to talk to you.
Alinta Energy. That’s better.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
If your application progresses, we will need to complete background and pre-employment checks, such as immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks, and additional checks for roles related to finance.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application.
Closing date: 23rd of February
- Closing Date:
- 23 Feb 2024
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation and Distribution