General Manager - Customer Asset Maintenance - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Rail (View other jobs from this organisation)
General Manager - Customer Asset Maintenance
We are a large and fully integrated business that provides services that are pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
With a growing investment in rail it is an exciting time to be a part of the changing landscape of SEQ.
What Queensland Rail has to offer
- Permanent position based in Bowen Hills, Brisbane.
- Competitive remuneration + generous super contributions.
- Free rail travel to and from work + discounted rail travel for off-duty travel.
- Long-term career and stability with an industry leader.
- We pride ourselves on our Safety Culture, we ‘work safe’ so that everyone goes ‘home safe’.
About the role
Queensland Rail have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced General Manager to lead our Customer Asset Maintenance teams based at Mayne Yard (Bowen Hills). The General Manager will oversee the maintenance operations of Queensland Rail’s assets, provide senior leadership to the CAM team, and develop comprehensive asset maintenance strategies to optimise performance, reliability, and lifespan.
The successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of asset management, proven experience in a senior leadership capacity and familiarity with developing & implementing new methodologies.
Day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include
- Lead the Customer Asset Maintenance management team (6 direct reports), providing leadership, guidance, and support to ensure the successful execution of maintenance activities.
- Ongoing review of maintenance schedules, priorities, and protocols to minimize downtime and maximize asset availability.
- Monitor and analyse maintenance activities to evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance programs and identify areas for improvement.
- Endorse improvement initiatives to effectively utilise resources, prioritising safety and best practice, whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory and industry standards.
- Prepare regular reports and updates for senior management on maintenance activities and performance metrics.
- Proven experience in asset maintenance management, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong technical knowledge of maintenance practices, reliability engineering, and asset management principles.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
Sounds great, what’s next?
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience, please apply via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Thursday 22nd February 2024.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Louisa with your specific enquiry via email Louisa.Gilbert@qr.com.au Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Feb 2024
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time