Ichthys SPA signed
INPEX Corporation has announced a Sales Purchase Agreement that will see an estimated 70 per cent of all LNG produced at the $20 billion Ichthys Project delivered to Japan.
Ichthys LNG Pty Ltd, a company jointly owned by INPEX and TOTAL and the seller of Ichthys LNG, signed the legally binding SPA with a consortium of major Japanese utility companies, totaling 4.0 mtpa.
Under the SPA, Ichthys LNG Pty Ltd will sell LNG for 15 years commencing in 2017 from the Ichthys Project to:
- Tokyo Electric Power Company, Inc (1.05 mtpa)
- Tokyo Gas Co.,Ltd. (1.05 mtpa)
- The Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc. (0.80 mtpa)
- Osaka Gas Co.,Ltd. (0.80 mtpa)
- Kyushu Electric Power Company Inc. (0.30 mtpa)