Based in Pooraka and reporting to the Regional Technical Manager, in this role you will be responsible for research projects into materials and methods for producing concrete products for the concrete roofing & masonry businesses.
- Conduct research on Concrete mixes / Cement / Sand and Aggregates /Additives, Binders and Fibres / Coatings / Paints and Sealers);
- Up-to-date on new technologies and make recommendations on new products;
- Assist the Technical Manager and Engineering Manager on new processes developed;
- Optimise the current mix designs used in production;
- Optimise material selection, including working with the quarry;
- Assist in building the technical capabilities of the Roofing and Masonry business in all states;
- Assist in plant management duties as requested.
- Assist allocated R & D projects into material used in the construction of roofing and masonry product;
- Previous experience in materials research (concrete, construction or chemicals);
- Tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering or similar;
- Knowledge of materials and chemical engineering;
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Attention to detail and high level of work accuracy;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated high level of focus on continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated commitment to best practice safety standards and practices.
- Competitive salary;
- Opportunity to work in a team environment;
- Organisation dedicated to the safety.
If you want to Build a Great Career with Boral please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au and apply online.
Boral is an international building and construction materials group, with its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. With some A$4.3 billion worth of sales, Boral had 8,334 full-time equivalent employees working across over 550 operating sites as at 30 June 2016.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.