Overhead Assets Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology, and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community. At Evoenergy, we live and breathe our agreed culture behaviours of being honest, collaborative, flexible, respectful, and positive.
About the opportunity
Operating within a commercial risk-based approach in a resource-constrained environment, you will be responsible for the overhead assets within the Evoenergy Electrical Distribution Network. You will develop and deliver asset management strategies and plans related to the overhead assets portfolio whilst leading a team to ensure overhead assets perform to meet requirements.
We are looking for someone with an extensive skillset at a senior manager level, who possesses both strategic experience and strong business acumen, alongside the ability to devise innovative solutions. You will need to use your adaptive communication skills to manage a large and diverse team of field- and office-based staff, whilst regularly reporting to the Executive and senior management on your portfolio.
- Develop and deliver the rolling overhead asset management strategy and subsequent asset plants for the Evoenergy Overhead Distribution Network
- Develop and delivery Evoenergy’s annual overhead asset management program of works and associated budgets, ensuring network and community safety outcomes are realised
- Manage the finance and accountability of the Overhead Assets section, including operational and maintenance budgeting
- Ensure compliance to standards and regulatory requirements
- Lead a diverse team with a focus on improving workplace culture and safety performance
- Communicate the strategic direction to all staff, define performance expectations and build the capability of the Overhead Assets section
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications or related discipline, supported by demonstrated experience in operations
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a large technical maintenance and construction team, with a history of improving employee experience and performance
- Strong knowledge of the operation of electricity network infrastructure
- Demonstrated high level business and financial acumen
- Validated experience in the improvement of safety culture and work practices
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to engage, influence and negotiate, and a track record of leading through open and honest communication with your team
How to apply
If so, please apply through our Recruitment portal, submit your resume and cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you can bring to this role.
If you have any questions about the role, please James Cole, Acting Group Manager Network Services on 0407 251 467. For enquiries about the application process, please email email@example.com
Applications close 11.59pm, Sunday the 22nd of May.
Why should you work for us?
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, discounted gym memberships, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Closing Date:
- 22 May 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting salary of $182,075 + 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time