Senior Design Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Canberra location
- $146,116 plus 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, Full-time opportunity
Evoenergy is an electricity and gas distribution business that is committed to providing safe and reliable services to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). We believe in safety for our consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified professionals who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Our Major Projects team are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Design Engineer to work on challenging, unique projects and to deliver high quality design services.
The Senior Design Engineer will work on diverse project base including critical Electricity Network and Substation related work and is responsible for the concept, planning, delivery and monitoring of the design process. We are looking for a collaborative individual who can build positive relationships and enjoy providing support to our business.
A day in the life:
- Complete project related engineering activities for assigned zone substation, chamber substation, transmission and distribution projects
- Complete project related engineering activities for assigned urban residential development and high voltage feeder projects
- Prepare and review detailed designs within budget and in line with design briefs
- Prepare commercially sound project cost estimates covering all aspects and phases of the project
- Coordinate and undertake site investigations where required
- Adhere to external standards, regulations, acts and guides as well as internal policies and procedures
- Provide timely, comprehensive, and accurate progress reports
- As a senior team member, provide assistance to the Design Manager and team
We'll need you to have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in design for complex electricity distribution projects focused on zone substations
- Excellent knowledge and experience with substation design, electrical equipment and network configuration
- Background in Protection and SCADA
- Experience in AutoCAD, ADMD and Microsoft Office software including Project (LV drop, Poles N Wires, ArcFM Designer not essential but desireable)
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment relating to the electricity distribution industry
- Strong problem solving and communication skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders to resolve complex technical problems
- ACT Class C driver’s licence or equivalent
What we can offer you:
We boast a positive team culture that encourages the best out of every staff member. We are a team of dedicated professionals that operate in a flexible and autonomous environment. We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
About our application process
Please apply through our Recruitment portal by submitting a resume and a cover letter clearly outlining the key skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role.
If you wish to learn more about the role, please connect with Brad Eagle, Group Manager Major Projects on 0406 959 769.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact email@example.com
Applications will close on Sunday 16 February 2020.
Thinking about moving to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an exceptional location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Feb 2020
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Power Generation and Distribution