Apprentice Electrical Fitter - [Archived Advertisement]
Evoenergy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Hoping to spark your lifelong career? Evoenergy have opened their 2020 apprenticeship program.
- 2 positions available
- Competitive salary and benefits
Whether you are fresh from school or looking for a career change, with Evoenergy you can earn while you learn.
We are looking for collaborative, proactive and energetic safety champions to join our team as Apprentice Electrical Fitters.
Our work crews offer mentorship and train you in-line with safe work practices, while you build your technical skills and knowledge.
As an apprentice with us:
- You will follow a financially supported and structured training pathway to complete your Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- You will receive on the job coaching, mentorship and support
- Being outside is your office!
- You are tasked with challenging and 'hands on' work every single day
- You will contribute to meaningful work for the Canberra community
- You will be provided with opportunities in the business following completion of the apprenticeship program
What a day in the life of an Electrical Fitter looks like:
- Performing substation maintenance
- Building substations to support new infrastructure around Canberra
- Connecting new customers with power
- Re-connecting power to existing customers
We would love you to be:
- Open to learning new things and passionate about power
- Committed to safety
- Open to collaboration with our teams
- Be a proactive problem solver and finding solutions
And equipped with:
- Year 12 Certificate or TAFE qualification equivalent (desirable)
- Drivers Licence
Evoenergy are an electricity and gas distribution business that are committed to providing safe and reliable services to the ACT. We belive in safety for consumers and employees and by investing in our people, technology and other innovations we strive to exceed our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. We have skilled teams of qualified tradespeople who are passionate about powering our community.
We need our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so Evoenergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
How can I apply?
Please apply through our e-Recruitment portal with your resume and cover letter, outlining why you believe our apprenticeship program is for you!
Applications will close on 4 October 2019. If you have any questions about the program, we encourage you to contact Tim Shute on 0436 685 056 or Mick Wynn on 0404 899 465.
Or, if you need guidance with the application process, you can contact Laura Manca on (02) 6248 3548.
Our recruitment process will include 5 steps:
- Video interview
- Online assessment including a safety questionnaire, numerical calculation and reading comprehension
- Hands-on assessment centre
- Pre-employment screening including a national police check and medical assessment
- Closing Date:
- 04 Oct 2019
- ACT - Greenway
- Work Type:
- Full Time