18 September 2019
191306 - 191312
- Fellowships available accross all disciplines
- Please apply to the relevant discipline to be considered
Join our modern, research intensive university – ranked among the top 2 percent of universities in the world – in a location that combines the best of city living and a relaxed coastal lifestyle with a UOW Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowship.
A new Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Fellowship has been established in line with the UOW Reconciliation Action Plan (please refer to the separate job listing to apply for this).
We are seeking to connect outstanding early career researchers less than 5 years post PhD (relative to opportunity) with our established, world-class, academics in areas of existing and emerging research strength. You will have an excellent track record and national and international recognition; and propose a research project that is strategically aligned with your host Faculty and Unit.
- Three year appointment, commencing at Academic Salary level B1 plus 17% superannuation and relocation assistance.
- Project costs of up to $10,000pa.
Applicants must download the Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Guidelines and Instructions 2020 and check they are eligible under section 3, and follow the application process set out in section 4.
Prospective applicants must discuss their application with their proposed mentor, and then the Head of the proposed host Unit at UOW, prior to submitting their application.
Please note that on the “Selection Criteria” page you are only required to answer basic questions – there is no selection criteria to respond to for these Fellowships.
The following compliant documents must be uploaded on the “Your Attachments” page:
- Project proposal – 4 pages plus references
- Curriculum Vitae - 4 pages, plus the publications list
- Referee report from a referee external to UOW on the proforma provided
- Referee report from your UOW Mentor on the proforma provided
UOW is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, and a recognised leader in gender equality, we encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and people including: culturally and linguistically diverse, women, disability, LGBTIQ+, and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians.