We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
As an Asset Custodian you will deliver day to day maintenance and service activities for water infrastructure assets and river systems by carrying out regular site presence for site security, surveillance and operation needs of assets to provide river flows and take part in site-based emergency and flood management activities.
You will also supervise maintenance staff and contractors in the delivery of maintenance activities as required, complete condition assessment of the site and structures, capture and escalate changes from previous inspections as required. You will operate valves, intake structures, gates and piped/pumped and treated systems to deliver the right quantity and quality of water to customers and mitigate floods.
As part of a hard working and highly skilled team, you will work on one of the States most significate and critical assets.
Skills and Qualifications required:
To be successful in this position you need to have:
- Ability to implement safety and emergency plans and procedures.
- Previous operation and maintenance of water infrastructure and other related services in accordance with approved procedures, standards and protocols and ability to identify and rectify process deviations.
- Proven experience in the implementation of WHS systems including site inductions, preparation of SWMS and risk assessments.
- Successful application of a variety of maintenance skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Willing to travel and work at various WaterNSW sites.
- Demonstrate good computer skills.
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- White Card and HR Driver’s License
- Demonstrated success in managing emergency situations.
- Favourable : multi-skilled Plant Operator or Mechanical trade qualification
- Favourable: Boat license
What we are offering
- Flexible work location - Narrabri/ Keepit / Moree
- Permanent full time role
- Maintenance staff work 4 days per week and core hours are 7:00am to 4:30pm.
- Great workplace with good job variety
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves. At WaterNSW we also endeavour to promote flexible ways to work.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
For further information, kindly refer to the attached Position Description .Queries can be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 1st July 2022