Procurement Improvement Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Procurement Improvement Officer
- 12 months Maximum-Term, Full-Time opportunity
- Salary commencing from $91,647 plus 15% superannuation
Icon Water’s Legal and Procurement team is looking for a proactive individual with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills to be our next Procurement Improvement Officer.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a procurement improvement plan to update the operating and service delivery model for procurement at Icon Water based on better practice, compliance with procurement principles and value for money.
A day in the life..
- Develop, justify and implement changes to the procurement operating and service delivery model and the procurement framework to address key challenges.
- Develop and embed a project management discipline focusing on scope, schedule, major milestones, risk, benefits realisation and stakeholder management to complete projects in accordance with the baseline plan.
- Proactively identify opportunities for innovation and improvements in end-to-end procurement processes and develop sustainable, commercially focused solutions to address challenges.
- Work collaboratively with others in the Procurement Team and across the business to plan and implement ideas for improvement in procurement and contract management service delivery.
- Review and update the procurement framework and related procurement templates and documentation, informed by better practice in the public and private sectors.
For more information on the key responsibilities, please refer to the position description attached to the job advert.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Extensive experience in procurement processes, including development of procurement strategies, RFx preparation, evaluation and contract negotiation.
- Experience in the development and implementation of procurement frameworks, processes and tools, including taking steps to successfully innovate those processes and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with stakeholders to investigate and determine solutions to workplace challenges by applying effective verbal and written communication skills and relationship building with multi-disciplinary staff.
- Experience in defining new and optimising existing business processes and successfully implementing the changes to workplace practices and end-to-end processes.
- Experience using a wide range of software features for word processing, research, analysis and communication, and helping others to solve problems with software, including SharePoint.
Qualifications in a procurement, business, legal, finance or project management related discipline desirable.
Apply via our Recruitment portal and:
- Submit your resume
- Submit a cover letter addressing the ‘our ideal candidate will possess’ section of the job advertisement.
To learn more about this opportunity we encourage you to contact Heather Wilson on 0436 943 631. If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
Application close: Sunday 22 May 2022
- Closing Date:
- 22 May 2022
- ACT - Mitchell
- $91,647 - 105,679 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time