Calibre Group, which includes Calibre and Diona is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist. We provide a broad scope of engineering, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services, allowing Calibre to turn knowledge into value at every stage of the project lifecycle.
Calibre is working closely with a leading, global signalling and solutions provider to support the deployment of new rail signalling technology. Calibre is looking for an experienced System Safety Engineer who are looking for an exciting challenge to support the implementation of this important rail signalling project.
Education and Experience
- You should be degree qualified and have some experience as a Systems Safety Engineer ideally within the rail industry but other industries will be considered;
- At least +3 years’ experience in the Systems Safety Assurance role;
- Degree in the relevant area of studies (Science, Engineering, Safety, etc.).
Skills and Abilities
- Experience within the Rail Industry is desirable;
- Worked on at least one rail project with safety systems
- Some familiarity with rail operation procedures and guidelines;
- Ability to analyse safety requirements, mitigate impact and define outcomes in safety reports and documentation;
- Some knowledge of CENELEC standards (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129);
- Solid understanding of System and Safety Engineering;
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- Application of Safety standards, processes and techniques (SIL, AS 4801, ISO 9001, QRA, HAZID)
- Application of typical RAMS assurance software tools such as DOORS, ComplyPro, or similar
As our most valuable asset, we invest in our employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide a range of benefits, including ongoing professional development, on the job training, study support, leadership and management programs, competitive remuneration packages, generous employee referral incentives and a host of health and wellbeing benefits to help you thrive in our team.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then APPLY NOW or if you require further information, contact Marnie Stewart on 07 3895 3444 for a confidential discussion.