WHAT WE DO
Calibre Group, which includes Calibre and Diona is a diversified Professional Services and Construction specialist. We provide a broad scope of engineering, consulting, construction, project delivery and management services across Australia and New Zealand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Environmental Advisor to support the execution phase of a rail maintenance project on a FIFO basis. Reporting to the Superintendent – Execution and functionally to the Environmental Coordinator, you will provide technical advice and assistance to site personnel, ensuring compliance with all Calibre and Client’s environmental legal and other requirements. You will also:
- Assist in the establishment, development, implementation and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
- Assess contractor Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) for compliance with the project requirements
- Contribute to the development of Project environmental approval documents
- Contribute to inspections and auditing activities to ensure compliance with Project, Calibre and Client procedures and standards, legal and other requirements
- Conduct environmental monitoring (e.g. water, clearing, air) as required
- Contribute to the communication of environmental issues, requirements, performance and non-conformance
- Assist with site reporting requirements, including monthly environmental reports and incident reporting
- Develop, deliver and document environmental training and awareness programmes to site personnel
As an Environmental Advisor you will have excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships. You will also have:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Natural Resource Management or similar
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and environmental approvals implementation
- Current drivers license
- Experience in EMS & Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite with proven time management and problem solving ability
- Data analysis and report writing skills
- Incident investigation and auditing skills (desirable)
- Experience with managing environmental performance on operating mine, construction or infrastructure projects (desirable)
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and because we believe that people are our most valuable asset, we invest in, and support our employees’ personal and professional growth. Some of the ways we do this is through ongoing professional development, leadership and mentoring programs, paid parental leave professional memberships and subscriptions.
If you’re looking to join a well-respected organisation that offers the best of both worlds - diverse project experience found in a big firm, with the personalised and team-focused approach of a mid-size engineering firm, we would love to hear from you, Apply Now!