Mechanical Systems Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Utilise your engineering and interpersonal expertise
- Contribute to a team that values Safety, Inclusion, Trust, Respect, & Pride
- Join CSIRO's Australian Centre for Disease Prevention today!
CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services is seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineer for the technical support group based at the Australian Centre for Disease Protection (ACDP). ACDP (formerly known as the Australian Animal Health Laboratory) helps protect Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world.
As a Mechanical Systems Engineer you will provide professional engineering and technical support services for capital improvement, change management, maintenance, and operational activities. This is a stimulating opportunity where you will use professional expertise to lead and communicate responsive, considered and cost-effective solutions that support the mission of the B&IS team to Safely Operate and Maintain the ACDP Facility. The position will ensure the Integrity of ACDP’s High Containment Laboratory.
Your duties will include:
- Provide professional engineering support to the technical officers and technicians of the local B&IS group
- Project management of plant upgrades and other capital projects, including cost estimation, preparation of specifications and RFQs, contract administration, commissioning, and management of project deliverables
- Provide technical support for major capital projects impacting the ACDP site
- Contribution to configuration management via the change management system
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- A Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent qualifications including eligibility for professional membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia.
- Five years’ experience in design, development, installation, commissioning and/or servicing of mechanical systems in an industrial, process industry, building services, or manufacturing plant environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to HS&E, safe working practices, including access permit procedures
- Experience supporting the delivery of projects and/or contracts within time and budget
- Able to hold an Australian Government security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
9 August 2022, 11:00pm AEST.
- Closing Date:
- 09 Aug 2022
- VIC - Geelong
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time