Pharmaceutical Project Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Pharmaceutical Project Engineer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Bring your background in the pharmaceutical industry to work
- Create a dynamic career path in this exciting opportunity!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry in order to develop innovative products and processes to allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable. The role of the Pharmaceutical Project Engineer will be to maintain the engineering side of CSIRO’s regulated biomanufacturing projects including the current accredited manufacturing facility.
What is so exciting about this opportunity? CSIRO’s biologics manufacturing facility that is currently finalising construction is expected to become operational in 2022 and this facility will produce investigational materials for Phase-I and Phase-II trials to assist in the progression of biologics such as vaccines and other biotherapeutic drugs and you’ll have the option to be a part of this team engaged in several new and existing projects.
Your duties will include:
- Planning, coordinating, and supporting technical and engineering activities within the Biomedical Manufacturing program.
- Supporting engineering projects and overseeing efficient project execution and providing guidance to other engineers or project leaders when needed.
- Establishing project specifications by studying facility design, customer requirements, and performance standards and completing technical studies.
- Providing timely engineering solutions to problems associated with project assignments.
- Assisting with technical evaluations/project tasks on capital projects from concept stages, through procurement, installation, start-up and commissioning/qualification.
- Under general direction, develop original techniques, or equipment software where methods are not defined, including computer networking in a regulated environment.
- Playing a key role in negotiations with external bodies and vendors.
- Undertaking a wide variety of tasks with varying degrees of technical complexity.
Location: Clayton, Melbourne
Salary: AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Engineering, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support to the design, development, and implementation of new engineering projects.
- Demonstrated experience with operation, management and maintenance of pharmaceutical manufacturing plant equipment including – HVAC systems; Highly purified pharmaceutical water systems; Pharmaceutical gases systems such as compressed air and nitrogen; Clean steam and plant steam systems; Building and Equipment alarm systems.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
18 August 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 18 Aug 2022
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$102k - AU$111k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time