Procurement Admin Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Procurement Admin Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- An opportunity to take your Procurement experience to the next level in an organisation with purpose!
- Apply your strong stakeholder, interpersonal and communications skills in an organisation that has an impact.
- Apply today to join Australia's National Science Agency!
The CSIRO Strategic Procurement team have an opportunity to engage two Administration Officers to support the team by undertaking procurement administration activities.
The Administration Officers will need to be able to effectively liaise with stakeholders, undertake data analysis, problem solve and provide guidance and advice to staff in relation to procurement matters. Key interactions will be with internal CSIRO business units, external suppliers and other government agencies.
The roles require someone with a sound understanding of how to undertake procurement in accordance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules and Procurement Connected Policies and enjoys working in a fast paced, diverse procurement environment. The successful candidates with be working across the Strategic Procurement team and will be primarily responsible for procurement administration tasks and reporting to ensure the section achieves its objectives.
Key interactions will be with internal CSIRO business units, external stakeholders and suppliers, government agencies, and a range of services providers to CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Support and guide CSIRO staff in relation to how to undertake procurement activities to ensure compliance with internal procedures and Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
- Support the team with administration activities such as; registering contracts on the Australian Government Tender System (AusTender); monitoring the team email box and responding to enquiries; assist in the development of various reports, both internal and external; and records management.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workloads to ensure team objectives are met.
- Communicates openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Works towards and participates in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities across the Procurement function.
- Ensure risks and issues are escalated to the appropriate delegate in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team and business unit.
Location: Canberra, ACT (Preferred) other Capital cities considered
Salary: AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
- Experience in undertaking procurements in accordance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules
- Well-developed communication skills with a demonstrated capability in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including Commonwealth departments, external and internal stakeholders.
- Use sound problem solving skills and sound judgement to ensure consistent decision making in accordance with internal guidance and procedures.
- Commitment to continuous personal development and integrity, including demonstrated public service professionalism, and adopt a balanced approach to work
- Relevant experience in the use of Excel and SAP.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 5 June 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 05 Jun 2022
- AU$66k - AU$84k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type: