• Do you have experience in stores & logistics management?
• Do you have a knowledge of logistics software packages?
• Join CSIRO - and conduct work that has an impact on Australia's ecosystems!
The Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) at CSIRO is currently seeking a motivated individual to work as a CBIS Officer – Stores.
You will be working closely with facilities staff from the CBIS team to encompass a range of support activities including receipt and dispatch services, inventory control, simple procurement, internal logistics, dangerous goods handling/dispatch and other agreed services to meet CSIRO operational requirements. This service provision may be to one or more sites.
This is an exciting role that has a variety of responsibilities like inventory control, logistics service, store management while providing other administrative support to the CBIS team.
This is a security assessed position open to Australian citizens only. Appointment to this role may be subject to conditions including provision of a national police check as well as other security/medical/character clearance requirements.
Your duties will include
• Provide a high-quality stores and logistics service to all CSIRO staff and customers and business partners.
• Ensure the efficient, timely and accurate delivery of items from the Receiving building to multiple destinations on site.
• Assist with inventory control and procurement of the Engineering stores as required.
• Ensure freight items are recorded/received/held/dispatched via systems as necessary. Making sure specialist packaging instructions, are understood, considered and implemented in consultation with the customers
• Assist in inventory control in the scientific store and liaise with customers for future needs.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$47K - AU$61K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
• Previous experience in stores and logistics services including inwards and outgoing goods, inventory control and stocktake.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in the operation of logistics software packages
• Knowledge of purchasing procedures, procurement systems and methods of obtaining quotations and certifying payments
• Demonstrated data entry skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & Outlook)
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with the customers and keep them informed on the delivery of logistic services
• Ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise activities and work independently to achieve service outcomes.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish - D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Friday 6 September 2019 at 11pm AEST