- Take the lead in providing high level support for major procurements
- Utilise your strong organisational and management skills
- Join our Strategic Procurement team in this critical role
This position is located in Canberra and is part of the Strategic Procurement section within the Finance business unit. Key interactions will be with internal CSIRO business units, Commonwealth agencies and external Suppliers.
This role will be responsible for the management of a small team and for taking the lead in providing support and collaborating with various CSIRO business lines in relation to major procurements and business opportunities offered by CSIRO. The role requires strong technical, stakeholder management, organisational and team management skills.
Your ability to lead stakeholders through commercial/risk based models to develop efficient and effective Procurement and contracting strategies compliant with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules is what will ensure your success in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Establish, lead and develop complex procurements from commencement to fruition which are compliant with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPR).
- Contract management including the preparation of contracts for the engagement of suppliers.
- Developing and delivering Procurement Strategies within complex multi-tiered stakeholder groups in order to achieve CSIRO and collaboration partner's strategic objectives.
- Contributing effectively to the functioning and achievements of the Strategic Procurement Section within the CSIRO Finance business unit.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU$97k- AU$105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant qualifications in procurement and/or experience in federal government procurement.
- Demonstrated experience with managing, undertaking and delivering complex/high value, technical and capital works/ property related procurements.
- Well-developed understanding of CSIRO’s position as a Commonwealth Entity in managing procurement, contract negotiation and contract management.
- Demonstrated capability in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including Commonwealth departments, Universities and private organisations.
- The ability to lead a team as well as work effectively in a team environment, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and provide guidance to managers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to complex problems and resolve issues using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter together with a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications Close at 10.59 AEST 7 April 2019