- Can you implement your CAD experience and create models?
- Use your skills to contribute to an exceptional business opportunities for CSIRO
- Join CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services!
In this diverse role, you will design, scope and implement initiatives to provide support for scientific research in a diverse range of laboratory and field situations across a range of different research projects. This role will support CSIRO research processes by providing service and knowledge to customers that would reduce setup time and continue the technical area of projects through maintenance and repair. The ability to effectively engage with customers, both face-to-face and virtually, whilst using skills for the fabrication of components and systems within the workshop in Pullenvale Queensland, will be critical to your success in this role.
Your duties will include
- Contribute to initiatives to improve cost, quality, compliance, capability, and customer service.
- Contribute to current projects, including input on design and fabrication.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair and maintain as needed.
- Create CAD models and drawings as necessary.
- Collect and maintain data for KPIs and reporting.
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU$46k- AU$60k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Education/Qualifications: Enrolled in Trades Certificate course such as Engineering Fitter Machinist.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to effectively manage a number of competing priorities simultaneously and carry out non-routine tasks under general direction.
- Willingness to take direction in performing conventional and CNC machining, milling, lathe turning, grinding and related tasks and to fabricate parts per engineering designs using various materials under minimal supervision.
- Ability to use CAD and/or CAM applications and Experience in the operation of CNC machining.
- To be able to enrole in the relevant trade coarse as a first year aprentrice.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
18 Feb 2019