- Are you a qualified machinist?
- Exciting opportunity - work on cutting-edge CNC Machining & other exciting development projects
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Machinist to join our Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) team. The work will be varied, interesting, and challenging.
As the successful candidate, you will work with experienced machinists and programmers on machining for autonomous robotics, renewable energy, and other exciting development projects.
Your duties will include
- Respond courteously and efficiently to client requests, maintaining clear communication regarding mutual expectations, and monitoring client satisfaction.
- Under technical direction, select the appropriate methods to perform work using best practices.
- Adapt techniques to meet special circumstances and client needs.
Location: Pullenvale QLD
Salary: AU$62,654 - AU$79,741 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant trade certificate and certificate of proficiency in machining.
- CNC machining experience or a demonstrated interest in CNC machining or the ability / aptitude to be trained to level of competency required. (Training will be available.)
- Experienced in mechanical fitting and assembly with some experience required in machining to bearing tolerances.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday 28 February 2019 at 11.59pm AEDT