- Add value through efficient and effective technical support
- Work with a diverse range of scientific staff
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Central Monitoring Station (CMS) Relief Operator/Facilities Support Officer who will be responsible for backfilling the CMS Operator and Support Officer rosters during periods of leave. The role is performed using established policy to achieve a responsive and reliable service to CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Service (CBIS) and its customers and requires the physical ability to be able to access all areas of the site.
The Operator will also be required to initiate quick technical response associated with plant/facility emergency, initial diagnostic response, and minor repairs. The Operator assists in identifying plant problems that affect service availability, microbiological security, physical security and safety of personnel working at the CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL).
Varying shift combinations will apply for the Facilities Support Officer, including:
- CMS Operator - two 12hr day and two 12 hr night shifts (4 on, 4 off) and or part thereof
- Support Officer - four 10.5 hr night shifts (4 on, 4 off) and or part thereof
This role is part time at a minimum of 0.7 full time equivalent (FTE) and a maximum of 0.99 full time equivalent (FTE).
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Operate and monitor the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), controls, security and communications system in compliance with established policy under direction of the Operations Engineer.
- Provide relevant and current information to Duty Operations Engineer, Operations Manager, Microbiological Security Manager and fellow CMS Operators on matters affecting plant availability, microbiological security, physical security and HSE.
- Attend to correspondence and other administrative duties as directed.
- Undertake a nightly “Lock-Up” patrol to ensure all external doors on the facility are secure.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU $62K – AU $79K plus up to 15.4% super plus 22.75% (annualised overtime allowance) plus 35.12% (annualised shift rate) (pro-rata for part-time).
Tenure: Indefinite Part-Time (0.7 FTE)
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Trades Certificate and/or equivalent experience.
- Current drivers licence.
- Proven operational experience of SCADA & Controls, Access Control and CCTV Security systems and a demonstrated understanding of the impact faults have on the integrity of the facility.
- The ability and willingness to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies.
- The ability and willingness to be vaccinated against rabies, hepatitis B, Japanese encephalitis or other agents as specified.
- The ability and willingness to pass a negative vetting security clearance at a level appropriate to duties of the position.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm, 23 Oct 2018