- Apply your expertise in coke making to science with real impact!
- Undertake innovative, novel research in CSIRO's Mineral Processing Program.
- Join CSIRO, Australia's premier scientific research organisation.
CSIRO Mineral Resources is seeking a highly capable and experienced Research Scientist to help build and develop its capability/research credentials in coke making and metallurgical coal and coke quality characterisation, and to play a key role in attracting and managing industry funded coke making projects on behalf of the CSIRO Processing Program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct fundamental and applied research in coke making and metallurgical coal and coke characterisation, including the planning, execution and reporting of independent research.
- Build and develop capabilities/expertise in coke making relevant to the CSIRO’s research activities.
- Build and develop industry relationships and collaborations / linkages with other research organisations to identify new research opportunities and attract industry funds to support current and new research projects.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: $111K - $130K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58815
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate in metallurgy, materials, industrial chemistry chemical engineering, or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area.
- A significant record of quality publications as primary author in high impact, peer reviewed journals.
- Extensive experience in coke making or related areas, with the proven ability to conceive new ideas, develop new directions and solve major metallurgical problems through the use of advanced professional scientific knowledge.
- Strong client focus and ability to identify potential sources of funding, establish and manage research resources at the project level, and meet deadlines through efficient and effective management of staff and equipment.
- Adaptability as evidenced by the application of analytical and conceptual skills to a broad range of areas, as well as the ability to change research focus and participate in a number of research projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more here! Balance
About Business Unit: CSIRO Mineral Resources: Working closely with industry partners, we deliver innovation to grow Australia's resource base, increase productivity and drive environmental performance.
How To apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV and Cover Letter that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description document. You will also be asked to respond to some screening questions on-line.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT, 4 Nov. 2018