- Are you a research scientist with skills in cold spray?
- Work in multiple projects undertaken by CSIRO with commercial partners
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
We are seeking a self-motivated Research Scientist – Cold Spray Additive Manufacturing to join the Deposition and Additive Structures Team. As the successful candidate, you will contribute to multiple projects undertaken by the CSIRO with commercial partners. These projects include development of large-scale, robotic titanium additive manufacturing, multilayer materials for high temperature environments and cold spray repair of metallic structures.
Your duties will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Ascertain the physical and mechanical properties of materials, e.g. by tensile testing, fatigue testing and density measurement, and interpretation of these data.
- Interpret heat treatment – microstructure – property relationships, in particular for titanium alloys.
- Develop new surface treatments / coatings.
- Develop complex tool path strategies for cold spray.
- Assist on client based projects with a time critical Milestone delivery
- Prepare metallographic samples
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU $97K to AU $105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term 3 years
Ref no: 58820
To be considered you will have:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in Cold Spray
- Understanding of metal microstructures and their interpretation
- Demonstrated experience in robot programming
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
- A record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today! Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your experience as relevant to the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you may be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Tuesday 6 November, 2018