- Work with world class researchers to solve the world’s biggest challenges
- Use your skills and make an impact on manufacturing outcomes!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO Manufacturing is looking for a Research Technician to undertake mechanical testing, sample polishing and cold spray operation for a number of key projects in the Deposition and Additive Structures Team. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the maintenance of the cold spray laboratory, and other lab areas to ensure that they are in serviceable and safe condition.
Your duties will include:
- Performing Cold Spray and materials testing
- Determining the physical and mechanical properties of materials using hardness, density, surface roughness measurements, tensile testing, fatigue testing and adhesion testing
- Undertaking metallographic sample preparation as well as powder sampling and measurement
- Maintaining and developing the safe operation of important laboratory equipment in the Cold Spray, adhesion testing and powder storage areas
- Developing robot programs
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$62K - AU$79K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or Metallurgy
- Extensive training or experience in various materials testing techniques
- The ability to contribute novel ideas and approaches to support scientific investigations
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close 11:59 AED 28 October 2018