- Are you a motivated early career engineer looking to develop your career?
- Do you have a solid understanding of mechatronic engineering concepts?
- Join CSIRO’s Mineral Resources Processing Program
CSIRO Mineral Resources is seeking an early career Mechatronic Engineer to join the team. This outstanding career opportunity will sit within the CSIRO Mineral Resources Processing Program.
In this position you will contribute to Energy Efficient Electrical Connections projects in the Processing Program, and support a growth area which has capacity to deliver an ongoing revenue stream to the program. There are a large number of opportunities being progressed with multiple clients in Australia and overseas across aluminium, copper, nickel, zinc and titanium commodities, with a mix of high value add consulting, contracted experimental testing and longer-term co-investment prototype development and testing.
Under guidance your responsibilities will include:
- Data analysis including economic modelling, experimental design using detailed statistical methods, and report writing including preparation of papers and presentations for industry engagement.
- Client on-site support for extensive measurement campaigns and identification of follow-up opportunities.
- Design and construction of mechanical and electrical prototypes for industry deployment (trials).
- Mechanical and electrical engineering design of novel, complex experimental rigs.
- Execute the advanced modelling capability (fully-coupled thermal-electrical-mechanical finite element analysis).
- Day-to-day running of the laboratory including execution of larger scale experimental work, programming and adaptation of the control systems for new experimental campaigns, co-ordination of all maintenance and contractor works, and facilitation of industry and V.I.P. visits to the laboratory.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU $62k to AU $79k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechatronic engineering or similar.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fluent and courteous manner, both orally and in writing, offering factual information supported by data, definitions, examples, illustrations or other aids, which will assist in conveying meaning
- Solid understanding of mechatronic engineering concepts as demonstrated by academic results and/or relevant experience.
- Ability to investigate the underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems, and develop appropriate responses by adapting/creating and testing alternative solutions.
- Ability to work agilely and effectively as part of large and small multi-disciplinary teams, and to proactively seek and consider the ideas and opinions of others from within and outside the team to help form decisions, plans or actions.
- Willingness to change ideas or perceptions based on new information, contrary evidence or other people's points of view, and try out different approaches.
- Ability to recognise and make immediate changes to improve performance.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance.
How to Apply: Please read the Position Description and apply online. Please upload one document (maximum 2 MB) containing your CV/Resume and cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the position.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 5 October 2018