- Are you an experienced hydrogeochemist?
- Conduct innovative research on groundwater resource investigations
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Land and Water is seeking to appoint a Hydrogeochemist.
The successful candidate will conduct innovative research on groundwater recharge, inter-aquifer leakage and groundwater-surface water interactions in regional groundwater systems. You will contribute to research on the cumulative impact of mining operations, shale gas and coal seam gas water extraction on regional groundwater flow systems.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Use of hydrogeochemistry to help characterise aquifer systems, including recharge processes, inter-aquifer connectivity, and aquifer interaction with surface water
- Contribute to project delivery and reporting regarding characterization and conceptualization of groundwater systems using environmental tracers. Undertake groundwater sampling across Australia for hydrochemistry and liaise with the environmental tracer analysis team.
- Use hydrogeochemistry and integrate with other geoscientific evidence as a tool to develop or refine hydrogeological models to underpin our understanding of these regional groundwater systems and our impacts on them.
Location: Dutton Park QLD
Salary: $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year specified term
To be successful you will need:
- Experience in use of hydrogeochemistry to characterise aquifer systems, including recharge processes, inter-aquifer connectivity, and aquifer interaction with surface water.
- Experience in design and implementation of environmental tracer field sampling campaigns (e.g. stable isotopes and groundwater ‘age’ tracers).
- Strong background in geology and hydrogeology of alluvial and sedimentary bedrock systems and demonstrated experience in integration of hydrogeochemical data with other geoscientific evidence (e.g. geological, geophysical, hydrochemical and hydrological data) as a tool to develop or refine hydrogeological models at local and regional scale.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Land and Water is delivering the knowledge and innovation needed to underpin the sustainable management of our land, water, and ecosystem biodiversity assets. Through an integrated systems research approach we provide the information and technologies required by government, industry and the Australian and international communities to protect, restore, and manage natural and built environments.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Friday 16 March 2018