Robotics Research Technician
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Robotics Research Technician
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
New Opening! This is a great opportunity to advance your career and be a part of an organisation making a positive contribution at the global level.
Endless opportunities to grow & develop your career
Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
CSIRO’s Data61 is the digital technologies and data science arm of Australia’s national science agency. With around 400 staff and another 300 affiliate staff, Data61 represents one of the largest collections of R&D expertise in artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, robotics, and software engineering in the world. With a focus on impact-driven science and technology, Data61 works across disciplines and industry sectors to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges through digital R&D.
This Robotics Technician role is focused on supporting our growing fleet of wheeled, tracked and legged robots and upcoming projects as well general maintenance of other plant and equipment. The Robotics Technician will work with researchers and engineers in our Robotics and Autonomous Systems group to support innovative solutions for robotic applications.
Your duties will include:
- The electrical, electronic and mechanical assembly of robots and associated systems
- Supporting researchers and engineers by safely operating robots to facilitate research and technology demonstrations
- Performing ongoing essential maintenance of robots and associated research infrastructure
- Procurement and ordering of necessary materials including electrical and mechanical components
Location: Pullenvale, Brisbane, QLD.
Salary: AU $87,000 - AU $98,00 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite - Full Time
To be considered you will need:
- You will have obtained A Certificate III in Engineering - Electrical/Electronic Trade, Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering or trade and other experience in the related field
- Hold a current Restricted Electrical license
- Have demonstrated experience in electrical, electronic and mechanical system assembly
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in electrical wiring and soldering including surface mount components
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
28th August 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 28 Aug 2022
- QLD - Pullenvale
- AU $87,000 - AU $98,00 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time