Public Transport Victoria (PTV) is a statutory authority that acts as a system authority for all public transport and an advocate for public transport users. We are a single contact point for customers wanting information on public transport services, fares, tickets and initiatives. PTV aims to improve public transport in Victoria by ensuring better coordination between modes, facilitating expansions to the network, auditing public transport assets, promoting public transport as an alternative to the car.
To put this in perspective:
- We have a hand in over half a billion trips across the public transport network annually
- We facilitate 1.6 million trips a day
- We move hundreds of thousands of people around the state daily
In practical terms, we move people towards many of life's most meaningful experiences, whether it be work, education, social engagements, play, or Melbourne's key attractions (e.g. Australian open, AFL games, Royal Melbourne show... take your pick). When masses of people need to get from point A to point B - know that PTV has played a role. While our core business is public transport, we are also working toward a much bigger, longer-term and impactful agenda. We are contributing toward Victoria's liveability and economic development.
While we are continuing to learn and improve, we do in-fact pull off some pretty amazing things. So, If contributing toward Victoria's future excites you, take this ad as an invite to come and work with us.
Shape our future. Challenge yours.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced Senior Communications & Engagement Advisor within our customer service division. This role supports the development and implementation of communications and engagement strategies for network service changes and infrastructure projects, including new bus networks, tram stop upgrades, station upgrades, and other improvements to the rail, tram and bus network.
You will need to collaborate closely with the Transport For Victoria's (TfV) insights and Engagement team and delivery partners to ensure high quality passenger outcomes.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Demonstrated extensive experience in complex and large- scale communications, stakeholder relations, community engagement and issues management, with a demonstrated ability to prepare and implement strategies in these areas.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and escalate issues and provide proactive, strategic communications advice on sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects with competing priorities, as well as experience in the management of budgets
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills, specifically in writing and presenting information that will be subject to public scrutiny
- Proven experience in managing complex and challenging stakeholder meetings.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents when you hit "APPLY". If you have any questions specific to the role, please contact Andrea Macleod at email@example.com.
Applications close: 11:59 P.M. SUNDAY, 15 July 2018.
PTV is committed to attracting the best talent and is open to discussing flexible work arrangements
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.