Certificated Gardener Sportsgrounds - [Archived Advertisement]
Maribyrnong City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Certificated Gardener Sportsgrounds
- Temporary Full Time Position - 6 Months
- Appendix 4 (Parks & Gardens) $69,760 prorata plus 10.0% Super plus a 9 day fortnight
- Operations Centre - West Footscray
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change in population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy is leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Our Operations and Maintenance Department has an exciting opportunity for a Certificated Gardner to join the team on a temporary full time basis. Reporting to the Team Leader turf maintenance, this role will undertake a wide range of day to day maintenance and gardening duties to keep the City of Maribyrnong looking its best.
The ordinary hours for this position are generally 6:30am to 3:27pm, working a 9 day fortnight.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to internal and external customers regarding sportsground maintenance;
- Carry out condition audits and inspections to ensure grounds are safe and suitable for use;
- Deliver and assist the Team Leader Sportsgrounds Maintenance in the development of maintenance and renovation programs across all sports fields;
- Supervise assigned staff and contractors;
- Assist the Team Leader Sportsgrounds Maintenance in the training and supervision of assigned apprentices;
- Assist the Team Leader Sportsgrounds Maintenance in the coordination for the provision of a safe workplace, including implementation of Council's OH&S policies and procedures and compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation;
- Provision of technical information and research to support continuous improvement;
- Supervise non-qualified staff, apprentices and volunteers as required;
- Complete Plant Check Sheets (daily) and Defect Reports in accordance with Fleet Maintenance procedures;
- Undertake regular maintenance on all vehicles, plant, equipment, and tools.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A medium rigid (MR) truck license as a minimum;
- Proven experience operating Council plant, particularly sportsground related;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in turf and sportsgrounds maintenance methodologies, to enable the undertaking of maintenance and improvement for a range of sports playing surfaces;
- Willingness to complete a pre-employment medical assessment and national police check.
To express your interest in this role, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability in support of your application to Ben North by the closing date.
For further details and a copy of the position description, please visit us at:
& enter ref code: 5751523.
Closing date: Sunday, 5 December 2021 at 10:00pm.
Enquiries: Ben North, Coordinator Parks and Open Space on 9032 4040.
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to child safety and supporting the best interests of children in all our operations. Council encourages young people, people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Dec 2021
- VIC - Footscray
- $69,760 pro rata plus 10.0% Super plus a 9 day fortnight
- Work Type: