We have a full-time opportunity for an experienced leader to oversee our Concrete Services team. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator of Civil Infrastructure at our Operations Facility in Winnellie, this position is expected to coordinate and deliver concrete related works in the civil construction and general maintenance areas for the Darwin municipality. The works will include delivering projects in accordance with proactive asset management plans, recurrent work programs, and other ad hoc needs as they arise given the nature of the region.
As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to lead by example and demonstrate a consistent and dedicated focus to all key result areas required by the section.
Your average day will be a combination of:
- Ensuring all workplace health and safety obligations are met, with a safety-first mindset
- Ongoing operational service delivery incorporating the replacement, upgrading and maintenance of City of Darwin concrete infrastructure to the standards required
- Coordinating and implementing project works as scheduled
- Regular and professional internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Budgetary, purchasing and other operational administration
- Assessment, inspections and reports
- Supervision of staff, their performance, timesheets and other staff-related matters
As a full-time supervisor, you will be required to work Monday to Friday, generally from 7.00am to 4.15pm with an occasional requirement to be available for weekend work. The position has a base salary of $82,612 plus superannuation. City of Darwin also provides generous leave entitlements such as six weeks annual leave, 15 days personal leave and a paid RDO each month.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Certificate IV in Civil Constructions or equivalent industry experience
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management and/or equivalent industry-relevant supervisory experience (minimum 2 years)
- General Construction Industry - White Card
- Possession of a Class C Driver's Licence
For full details of the position and other desirable requirements please refer to the position description.
If this sounds like you and you are keen to join a motivated and passionate leadership team at our Municipal Depot then we encourage you to apply.
The vacancy closes at 5 pm Monday 15 March 2020.
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
As part of Council's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.