The City of Bunbury Landscape and Open Space (LOS) Department has recently undergone a restructure. As a result we have an exciting opportunity available for a Supervisor Landscaping - Hardscape.
In this role you will be responsible for leading your crew to achieve great outcomes for the community to ensure the City's hardscape assets are in good repair.
We are seeking candidates who are motivated and proactive. Past experience in staff supervision is essential in this role.
Experience in irrigation systems will see you step in to this role with ease as you:
- Daily supervision, instruction and direction to operational teams.
- Day to day supervision of works programs.
- Ongoing maintenance and upgrade work on the City's irrigation systems.
- Reporting functions and ongoing management of all water supplies.
- Create and implement maintenance programs for all LOS Hardscape Assets (such as playgrounds, park seating, sports infrastructure, fencing, bollards, bbq's, shade sails etc.)
- Co-ordinate contractors to ensure they meet the required performance outcomes.
- Provide a high level of communication to the public and community.
- Conduct toolbox meetings.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Provide advice to staff in relation to the safe delivery of operational services.
- Assist in the preparation of quotes, tenders and estimates for annual budgets and project works.
- Implement initial staff induction processes.
- Check daily timesheets and annual staff reviews.
What do you need?
- Experience in staff supervision.
- Extensive experience in irrigation installation and maintenance of bore and scheme systems.
- Proven knowledge and experience in landscape design, construction, and maintenance.
- Experience in Irrigation or Horticulture fields.
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2018 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 5 salary of $74,540 gross.
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.
Only applications submitted via the City of Bunbury Careers website will be accepted.Applications Close 19 October 2018
To apply please address the selection criteria in the spaces provided via our Careers Website. Application submitted via Seek will not be accepted.
You will also need to upload a CV and Covering Letter to your application.