No matter where you are at UGL, you will find people who are passionate about what we do; the projects we work on, the services we provide, the communities in which we work, and our principles and people.
UGL Pty Limited is a diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprise and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group – a leading international contractor and the world’s largest contract miner.
UGL Unipart Joint Venture is a leading rollingstock maintainer focused on passenger services delivering tangible value to our customers. At present, we have an opening for General Manager Engineering, reporting to the Chief Executive of UGL Unipart. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the engineering, quality and continuous improvement functions of the business. ABOUT THE POSITION:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Manage the Engineering and Quality teams to plan, coordinate and control all engineering and design activities for UGL Unipart’s rolling stock maintenance, manufacture, remanufacture and refurbishment from feasibility stage to completion and handover to client, ensuring the quality, cost, safety, performance and time schedules are met or exceeded
- Manage the development and implementation of business strategies for the Engineering Technical Services unit that continue to create a culture of engineering excellence, continual technological advancement and position UGL Unipart to be regarded by customers, potential clients and competitors alike as “Best in Class”
- Develop strategies for innovative, cost effective and efficient Product Design
- Achieve optimum business performance and excellent customer satisfaction
- Setting the direction for design and engineering while maintain quality standards
- Lead major transformation initiatives and re-engineer processes
- Identify, investigate and explore technological developments
- Provide engineering & design consultancy including troubleshooting and solutions design
- Support the team in the design and development of new applications, features and functions
- Develop and implement comprehensive measures for reporting
- Manage all operational legal compliance requirements
- An appropriate Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience of leading operations and projects in multi-discipline mechanical-electrical engineering design environment
- A high level of business and commercial acumen backed by a sound ability to create read and interpret budgets, financial statements and analyse variance reports
- A thorough understanding of quality control and a record of implanting continuous improvement utilising Lean and Six Sigma or a similar approach plus reliability understanding
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional individual to join a top-tier organisation, and perfect for someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment. If you are confident you have the requisite capabilities to join us and hit the ground running, we look forward to receiving your expression of interest.
Apply using the button below or online at http://www.ugllimited.com/join-us
, quoting reference number 231420. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at UGL, so we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.