- Are you passionate about helping others?
- Do you thrive working in a fast paced and dynamic working environment?
Due to internal career progression, we are looking for HR professionals to join our National ER Advisory contact centre team.
Supporting over 200,000 team members across a number of divisions of the Woolworths Group, our team is responsible for providing high quality and timely advice to team members and line managers regarding employment related people matters.
The role of an ER Advisor offers an exciting opportunity to leverage your existing skills by guiding and coaching managers whilst also providing an opportunity to further your career with one of Australia’s largest employers. You will have the opportunity to support a wide range of ER matter types including but not limited to attendance, performance, grievances, misconduct and health related matters.
Based in our modern Eight Mile Plains office, we have permanent full time and part time opportunities available. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm and our team work a 40 hour week on a rotating roster.
About our team:
- Large team of more than 25 ER Advisors
- Strong positive and collaborative team based culture
- Comprehensive onboarding and training program provided
- Fun and high energy environment
About the Role:
- Goal and purpose driven performance measures
- Opportunity to kick start your career in ER
- Provide support and guidance to team members and line managers on a diverse range of ER matters
- Respond to and resolve queries via phone and email
- Preparing high quality written advice, letters and other documentation
- A positive and professional phone manner
- A minimum of 2 years HR or ER experience preferred
- A love of interacting with people and working collaboratively
- The ability to show empathy, compassion and build rapport with stakeholders from all levels of the Woolworths Group
- Ability to work efficiently whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong desire to work in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #Work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.