Australian Road Research Board is on the move!
Established in 1960, the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a national interest, applied research organisation. We are the enablers of next-generation development of transportation, across Australia and globally.
We seek to attract world-class experts to add to our existing pool of intellectual excellence. We want the best of the best to join us in our vision; to drive innovation to deliver an adaptable connected future for all Australians. We are growing our intellectual base by building our capacity in fields of critical importance to the road and transport industry, recognising that there are some significant emerging challenges that require deep thinkers, who can provide solutions to complex problems.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts, and assist in the discovery and creation of new innovations as part of our journey and mission.
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big research questions, and to see the fruits of that research being practically applied.
Our staff operate within a contemporary workplace with multi-disciplinary teams and highly evolved skills. Here, innovation can be fostered and nurtured, enabling true collaboration.
About the role and you:
We seek an accomplished, experienced and hands on Principal Pavement Engineer with strong focus on research to join our Sydney office. In this key specialist position you must be capable and enthusiastic about delivering practical applied research, consulting and training solutions to challenges faced by Australasian road agencies in additional to other national and international partners.
This position is required to lead and deliver projects in applied research and innovation by utilising our world-class laboratories and accelerated pavement testing technologies. As a highly developed pavement engineer, you will be able to utilise your in-depth knowledge to produce better, value-for-money outcomes. The outcome-focused research is targeted at delivering innovation, facilitating private sector participation and embracing more efficient road management practice through the implementation of fir-for-purpose engineering solutions.
In this position you will:
- Initiate ideas, develop proposals, identify and secure work opportunities whilst undertaking research projects for international, national, state and local road agencies
- Contribute to the provision of pavement engineering technology services in Sydney and Australia
- Deliver a wide range of research projects in the pavements technical areas
- Develop solutions to identify whole of life cost savings for customers
- Achieve quantifiable and implementable outcomes
We seek an individual who has:
- Civil Engineering degree, a Masters of Engineering Science degree or a relevant Ph.D. (a higher research degree is desirable but not essential)
- Significant research work experience (min. 10 years), preferably with a focus on innovative asphalt technologies
- Smart engineering ideas with an awareness of best practices internationally
- A high level of report writing prowess, together with advanced verbal communication and polished presentation skills
- Strong desire to further develop skills and capabilities to an expert level with proven business development and stakeholder engagement skills
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
- Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects
- A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
- Potential salary packaging benefits available
- Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
- Strong support for career development and further study
To be considered:
Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources.