Remuneration: Salary range between $90,297 and $95,861 per annum plus 13% superannuation.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 September 2018 at 5.00pm AEST. No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered.
The purpose of this role will be to provide specialist strategic infrastructure planning and water and sewerage network modelling services to the Water Business Unit. The position will require a considerate degree of liaison with Council personnel, Local Governments, State Governments, customers and many other water and sewerage service stakeholders.
What we are looking for
As Senior Planning Engineer for the Water Business Unit, you will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Completing planning strategies, master and detailed instrastructure planning, emergent planning, investigations and providing strategic plannning advie on water and sewerage network infrastructure.
- Work with Council's Planning and Development Directorate for the contribution and review of water and sewerage components to the Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP).
- Develop, calibrate and maintain hydraulic network water and sewerage models.
- Develop and undertake field monitoring programs that provide reliable intelligence on network system performance.
- Provide input into development applications as they relate to water and sewerage infrastructure.
- Ensure all infrastrure programs and projects comply with legislation.
- support the development of asset management plans.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- A tertiary qualification in an Engineering or related field.
- Experience in developing and implementing water and sewerage infrastructure strategies and planning
- Experience in water and sewerage network modelling, calibration and the interpretation of modelling results.
- Experience in strategic and tactical asset management.
- Experience in providing input to the development assessment process with respect to water and sewerage infrastructure.
- Experience in preparing project breifs and business cases for programmed projects.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
Highly desirable for this role will be:
- Demonstrated experience in network modelling software such as WaterGEMS and SewerGEMS.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of GIS software.
- Post Graduate qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Strategic Planning, Sayed Khan on 5481 0713 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org