Team Leader Building Services
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader Building Services
- Leadership opportunity
- Salary - $117K to $131K + Super
- Access to Council vehicle with additional sign-on incentive bonus
- Full Time / Monthly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council has an exciting role to compliment and advance a range of proactive approvals programs.
You will test your leadership skills with responsibility for a team of 4 staff within Council’s larger Building Services Unit. Using your technical expertise you will enhance Council’s Building Approvals systems and support the Unit in delivering outstanding customer outcomes. The position is ideally suited to an accomplished building professional looking to take the next step in their leadership career within a supportive management environment. You will thrive with broad based responsibilities to drive continuous improvement and a culture of achievement within a committed team.
With flexible and supportive work arrangements that cater for work life balance, the position may be equally suited to a highly motivated building professional looking for further workplace flexibility. An organisation structure aligning Building, Planning and Environmental Health supports you gaining valuable professional development opportunities within a variety of inner urban building challenges.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Registration as a building surveyor – unlimited with the Victorian Building Authority
- Postgraduate qualifications in performance-based Building and Fire codes.
- Postgraduate qualifications in management/leadership or demonstrated experience in managing and leading a functional team is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the functions and operations of a Council Municipal Building Surveyor and Private Building Surveying practice.
- Sound understanding and demonstrated use of PC based computer system software, particularly software used in the management of municipal building services data management.
- A current driver’s licence is required.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work alongside a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Stephen Meloury, Unit Manager Building Services and Environmental Health on 9240 2209.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 5 March 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and White / Red Card. Please have this ready when completing your application.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Mar 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $117K to $131K + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time